Jim Skinner Consultant & Business Turnaround Specialist
From chemical engineering technologist to field sales representative, I developed my business skills at major international corporations. My career path rose through the ranks of Vice President of Sales and Marketing and on to Division President managing multiple manufacturing operations in different countries including research and development, sales and marketing, and finance with a particular focus on turnaround situations.
From there, I have held positions as Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of three publicly traded companies and several private corporations comprising turnarounds and newly founded startups.
These skills have resulted in the US and international consulting assignments for governments, venture capital firms, startups to late-stage companies as well as small “lifestyle” businesses with a focus on strategy, financing, organization structure, and other key business sectors.
In addition, I also own and operate the biotechnology company, Terregena in the US and Canada focused on sustainable agronomics.
- Consultant to governments, venture capital firms, emerging and late-stage science-based companies as well as private “lifestyle” businesses
- Chairman of the Board of four companies – one public, three private
- Member of the Board of Directors of several public and private firms including Chairman of the Compensation and Stock Option Committee and Member of the Finance Committee
- President and CEO of three publicly traded companies
- As CEO and Board Member, I have been responsible for and involved with raising more than $200 million in public and private transactions
- Key participant in the start-up and growth of diagnostic, therapeutic, medical products and social media/tech companies
- Successful turn-around executive of seven firms
- Served as President, Corporate Vice President, and General Manager and Vice President of Sales and Marketing for multi-national corporations including Picker International (Philips Medical Systems) and Becton Dickinson following a successful career in sales and marketing with Johnson and Johnson and Bayer
- Teaching positions at world-class Universities
- Founder, Board member, Executive member of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization
- Chair of the Division of Small Chemical Businesses of the American Chemical Society
- Founder and Board member of several other industry associations
- Requested speaker at major conferences on topics related to entrepreneurship and business strategy